Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Week

This week has started off great.  I had been planning on getting my girlfriend Lindsay something special for the last few weeks and I finally was able to do that yesterday.  I surprised her when she came over after work.  I had a bracelet from Tiffany's waiting for her in the kitchen and then before we left for her house for dinner I surprised her with another gift, a necklace from Tiffany's hiding in my room.

I had a great night over at the Werder's house.  I was able to use the new ramp I just purchased online and it worked out perfect. 

As most of you know, I have spent a lot of time at The Courage Center since I have been home.  I go there about three times a week for Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy.  Today I got to try out the FES arm bike.  For all who don't know, this is a machine that has six electrodes for each arm and they are carefully placed on my triceps, front shoulders, upper back, etc. I have the ability to push the arm pedals myself, but the electrodes enhance the muscles that I am using.  The lady working with me told me that the longest she has seen anyone go on the arm bike their first time was 15 minutes and today I went 24!!!  I was very impressed with how the machine works, it has been the hardest workout I have done so far.  When I was done with the 24 minutes I was literally unable to lift my arms.  They felt like 100 lbs each.

Everyone has their good days and bad days.  Luckily for me I have been able to have a long string of good days.  Each day brings new challenges everyone faces them with a different approach and lately I have felt successful.

4 comments: