Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Fun

Finn and Jack came over on Thursday to hang out.  Finn is getting so good at crawling and likes to come after my chair.  Jack is at the age now where he is starting to throw temper tantrums and the only solution is Dora.  Both of them become fixated on the screen whenever Dora is on, no need for a babysitter.  I like having them come over but it can be chaos when they are here... in a good way!  Whenever they are about to leave, Jack comes and gives me a high five. It's the best!

On Saturday I went to the mall and bought a new bed.   I am very happy to be rid of the hospital bed that I don't even fit on and my arms get caught in the safety rails.  I also picked up a bunch of shoes at Journey's for my fundraiser on August 17th. I am planning on signing them all (hopefully someone will want to buy them!)

The weekend ended well with Linds and I having a little Sunday Funday.  We went to Boston's where we had dinner and lost all of our money in pull tabs.  It was a perfect night to sit outside and enjoy the weather and a few drinks.  Afterwards we went to Friday's and said hi to some of Lindsay's friends that bar tend.  They did a few tricks for us and we met some really nice and fun people (aka some crazy drunks). 

Today was a big day for me.  I went to Courage Center and decided to try out the standing frame.  I tried the standing frame at Craig Hospital two times before.  I was unable to even sit flat for more than five minutes because my blood pressure is very hard to control.  I get the feeling that I am very light-headed and about to pass out.  However, today I was able to get to a 55 degree angle!  The only reason I didn't go higher was because I ran out of time.  The standing frame is great for improving bone density, blood flow, and muscle tone.  Once my legs straightened, I could feel the circulation to my legs and it felt great. My goal is to get to a 90 degree angle and I believe I will achieve that in the near future.

I hope that everyone else had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Good job in the standing chair!!!! Sounds like you had a great and busy busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete